“Life only exists at this very moment, and in this very moment it is infinite and eternal. For the present moment is infinitely small; before we can measure it, it has gone, and yet it exists forever.”—Alan Watts (via fukkmcmxciv)
“Most Idealists show little interest in buying and selling, nor do many pursue careers in the physical sciences. Some will try their hand at the fine arts (usually without much patience), but they find their true niche in the studying and teaching of the humanities, or, more generally, in professions which involve transmitting ideas through words. NFs prefer working with words, and need and want to be directly or indirectly in communication with people. Those who work at it come to speak and write fluently, often with poetic flair, and often make excellent students and teachers of literature.
The fictional narrative in any of its forms — stories, poems, legends, myths — is their delight and their strength, and not only are themes and characters meaningful to Idealists, but stylistic details and symbolic motifs loom for them with amazing significance. NFs are so easily moved by literature, and interpret it with such intuitive ease, that they can inspire their teachers, and their own students, with their insight and enthusiasm.
But Humanities is not confined to the study of literature. Idealists heavily populate the social sciences, particularly the fields of mental healing and personal or religious counseling-professions directed toward human metamorphosis, or the unfolding of the mind and heart toward greater self-understanding and spiritual peace.”—David Keirsey, Please Understand Me II (via lucasta)
“COMPLIMENTS THAT AREN’T ABOUT PHYSICAL APPEARANCE
1) You’re empowering.
2) I like your voice.
3) You’re strong.
4) I think your ideas/beliefs matter.
5) I’m so happy you exist.
6) More people should be listening to what you have to say.
7) You’re a very warm hearted person.
8) It’s nice seeing such kindness.
9) You’re very down to earth.
10) You have a beautiful soul.
11) You inspire me to become a better person.
12) Our conversations bring me a lot of joy.
13) It’s good to see someone care so much.
14) You’re so understanding.
15) You matter a lot to me.
16) You’re important even if you don’t think so.
17) You’re intelligent.
18) Your passion is contagious.
19) Your confidence is refreshing.
20) You restore my faith in humanity.
21) You’re great at being creative.
22) You’re so talented at ____.
23) I don’t get tired of you the way I get tired of other people.
24) You have great taste in ___.
25) I’m happy I stayed alive long enough to meet you.
26) I wish more people were like you.
27) You’re so good at loving people.”—